Registration for the 7th Annual Canyon Belgian Waffle Ride on April 15, 2018 is in full swing. By being a dedicated supporter of Big Bear Cycling, we’re also offering you $40 off your registration using code BIGBEARCYCLING40. Claim your spot NOW before the next price increase on April 1. This code will expire April 11.
This year’s BWR promises to be bigger and more painful than ever, and thank God we have Canyon’s involvement and VeloFix as our neutral support partner for both on-road and on-trail. Not to mention, we have a new Expo Festival format that will be held Friday and Saturday (April 13-14) at the Canyon facility in Carlsbad, CA.
Whether you’re hell-bent on biting the whole Waffle or looking to get your feet dirty with the Wafer ride, you’ll be among the lunatics who have over-committed themselves to the most unique cycling event in the country.
Visit our website for more information and REGISTER TODAY https://belgianwaffleride.bike/registration/
● Fundraising opportunities for the Challenged Athletes Foundation with as an individual through our registration platform or through the CAF team. Join the CAF team and earn free reg!
● Access to our BWR merchandise store to build your road cred https://belgianwaffleride.bike/store/
● Prizes and giveaways from various sponsors and vendors
● Complimentary race day breakfast, lunch (or dinner depending on when you finish), and Lost Abbey libations
● Invitation to free BWR sponsored recon rides to explore the course
● Finisher t-shirt and commemorative bottle of Lost Abbey “Bad-Ass Ale”
● 137 Miles/222 Kilometers (Waffle), 77 Miles/124 Kilometers (Wafer)
● 10 Categorized Climbs (including three category 2 climbs)
● 12,000 Feet of Climbing (Waffle), 6,000 Feet of Climbing (Wafer)
● 16 Dirt Sections totaling over 44 miles (long, sandy, wet, rocky, hilly, ugly)
● 10 Water Crossings or Foot Bridge Crossings
● 3 King/Queen of the Mountain Segments
● 3 King/Queen of the Dirt Segments
● 3 King/Queen of the Sprint Segments
● 1 King/Queen of the Canyon Segment
● 10 Feed Zones
Here is the link to the longer film we created during last year’s event. I bet you’ll see yourself in there… 2017 BTFU Film