125 Grueling Miles • 12,000 Feet of Climbing
Saturday, August 4, 2018
All at an altitude between 6,000 and 8,500 feet, plus some of the best scenery California can offer!
Competition elements include King/Queen of the Mountain, HC Points Competition and points toward the Gran Fondo National Series by Haute Route.
Tour de Big Bear, Southern California’s favorite riding experience, is raising the bar yet again with the Tour de Big Bear HC Gran Fondo. The HC Gran Fondo attracts cycling’s professional, racing community and elite athletes with the ultimate high-altitude ride experience. These rider amenities can only be found in a stage race peloton!
#RideWithUs in beautiful Big Bear Lake, California – the Cycling Capital of Southern California!
Competitive and Non-Competitive Rider Amenities Include:
- Limited entries – 300 maximum
- Men’s/Women’s divisions
- Podium prizes for HC winners
- Exclusive commemorative HC Gran Fondo jersey and ride socks
- Tour de Big Bear HC high performance shirt
- HC VIP Check-In and Event start class
- Exclusive HC Lounge breakfast prior to the event
- Two free beer coupons and a commemorative HC Gran Fondo event glass at finish
- Post-event “Taste of Tour de Big Bear”
- Free Ride photos
On Course Support Includes:
- CHP escort, Moto escort and dedicated SAG vehicles
- SRAM neutral support
- Water bottle exchange at designated HC Mobile Aid Stations
- HC KOM/QOM climbs for time (2)
- HC KOM/QOM points (4)
Amenities subject to change.
Looking for a tamer alternative to the HC Gran Fondo?
If the Tour de Big Bear HC Gran Fondo event is a little more than you’d like to tackle, or you have friends or family members who would like to join in the fun that day, check out the traditional Tour de Big Bear event.
Tour de Big Bear offers ride distances of 107, 70, 50 or 25 mile stages while still enjoying the mountain top scenery of Big Bear Lake. Plus you’ll enjoy the world-class aid stations (can you say ribs, bacon and chocolate?) that only the Tour de Big Bear has to offer! For more details visit www.TourdeBigBear.com. There’s something for everyone in Big Bear!