Registration for the 2018 Tour de Big Bear HC Gran Fondo and the Tour de Big Bear is now open at Active.com. Entries to the HC Gran Fondo are limited so don’t wait – register now!
This year’s event will be held on Saturday, August 4th, 2018. It’s part of the Big Bear Cycling Festival week – the ONLY week-long cycling festival in the United States – July 28 through August 5, 2018! (BigBearCyclingFestival.com)
Tour de Big Bear HC Gran Fondo Rider amenities include:
- Limited entries – 300 maximum
- Men’s/Women’s divisions
- Podium prizes for HC winners
- Exclusive commemorative HC Gran Fondo jersey and ride socks
- Tour de Big Bear HC high performance shirt
- HC VIP Check-In and Event start class
- Exclusive HC Lounge breakfast prior to the event
- Two free beer coupons and a commemorative HC Gran Fondo event glass at finish
- Post-event “Taste of Tour de Big Bear”
- Free Ride photos
- CHP escort, Moto escort and dedicated SAG vehicles
- SRAM neutral support
- Water bottle exchange at designated HC Mobile Aid Stations
- HC KOM/QOM climbs for time (2)
- HC KOM/QOM points (4)
And new for 2018 – the Tour de Big Bear HC Gran Fondo is now part of the National Gran Fondo Series. The Gran Fondo National Series (GFNS) is the country’s only national cycling race/ride circuit. Every GFNS event offers courses covering 30, 60 and 100-mile journeys through some of the most beautiful and challenging terrain in endurance sports. Timed sections allow riders to compete in specific segments of the course, while casual cyclists can ride at their own pace. Participants can ride as individuals or on teams. GFNS awards special prizes to the top riders in every age and gender category.
Riders have the opportunity to compete to be the best gran fondo rider in the nation, through collective placement across the series of events, such as the Tour de Big Bear HC Gran Fondo, as well as the one-day nation championship event.
Hundreds of riders every year from all over the world take part in the Haute Route events, and take on the most mythical cols and roads in all of cycling. The attraction of these legendary cols, such as the Ventoux, Alpe d’Huez, Galibier, Tourmalet, Stelvio and Independence Pass cannot be underestimated, but beyond the sporting challenge is another story, a human story that for many is life changing.